Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ups and Downs


When we began the blog I had planned to keep things on the lighter side. However, I also feel it is important to be honest in documenting both the highs and lows of this process. My post today discusses one of our journey's lows.
As we approach "P" day I have experienced for the first time, difficulty in hearing and seeing other couples pregnancy joys. Not to be taken the wrong way, I couldn't be happier for each and every one of these people, but I just wish it was happening for us. I know our time will come and many before us have had just as many, if not more trials and tribulations along the way, but at the end of the day it's still tough. I am finding it hard to remain positive all the time when we face being unsuccessful yet again. This baby making caper can very easily be reduced to Success Vs Failure and repeated failure can quickly become disheartening. I know the jury is still out on this IUI and we have our IVF plan in place should we not get one up on Mother Nature, but right now I am finding it difficult to be up-beat about this whole process. I wish my body would just give me a freakin sign - put me out of my misery please. It is times like this that all those positive affirmations and words of wisdom (patience is a virtue) come in handy to get you through one day at a time.

No comments: