Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tired Musings from Brisvegas


I am down in Brisbane working for the week. A change is as good as a holiday or so they say. I am working predominantly on my own in a small quiet practice which means very little interaction with others and way too much time with myself and my thoughts. Anyways; after my microwave TV dinner last night, I looked at myself in the floor to ceiling mirror opposite to where I was sitting and didn't particularly like what was looking back. I finally saw what Kylie has been seeing for the past few weeks. The shell of my former self. Yes I have lost about 6 kilos (some weight loss was planned when I started PT back in March), but this is more than just weight loss. I look exhausted and somewhat frail. A strained face with sunken pale eyes and colourless cheeks stared back at me. Eeeeeewwwww. I thought to myself - when and why did this happen and  how come I am only seeing this now? All of which I have no definitive answer for at this point. I can only hypothesize and hope that I can work the answer out and make some changes to get the sparkle back in my eyes. While I have had a cold for the past 2 weeks which I am finding hard to shake off and which definately wont be enhancing my looks, Kylie has been saying for weeks that I dont look well and has expressed concern about my appearance. I hadn't seen it until last night(damn that mirror). So how and why do I find myself in this position? One word that springs to mind is STRESS. While I am not a high powered corporate type, I do manage a small group of staff which as most of you will know and understand can be difficult at times. My job(and its stresses) on its own is manageable. However, Kylie seems to think that work combined with the pressure of making a baby may be the perfect cocktail for a living breathing corpse type appearance (me at the mo). The only problem I have with this theory is that I dont feel that stressed about the baby making on a conscoius level. Most of the time I dont feel consumed (on a conscious level) by baby making. So if this is the case and this stress/pressure is on a sub-conscious level, how do I overcome it and "Relax" as so many people recommend?

No comments: